Our council members hold regular meetings in order to pray and conduct the business of the congregation. At the council retreat in February, we created five goals for us to work on throughout 2023. If you have any questions or would like more information about how the church council operates, please contact President Carol Jones.
2023 COUNCIL GOALS
- Review current communications with a focus on refining branding, improving content and ensuring that we are using appropriate communication methods.
- Integrate gratitude into existing church life and identify new opportunities to celebrate and show gratitude for individual and church gifts.
- Develop a community profile and begin to identify the services already in place and identify gaps or needs not currently being addressed adequately.
- Evaluate current facility use agreements for possible revision to show more radical hospitality to the community.
- Curate and capture "Faith in Action" stories to share with the congregation and those interested in how God is on the journey with us.
On February 19th, the council hosted "Coffee with the Council" during the Sunday school hour in order to provide final updates on the end of 2022 and look ahead to 2023. CLICK HERE to view the recording and slide presentation.
2023 COUNCIL MEMBERS
Carol Jones - President
Becky Reed - Vice-President
Pam Wooten - Secretary
Pastor Harold Vanicek (ex officio)
Pastor Lisa Hoelscher (ex officio)
Lori Golden - Treasurer (ex officio)